Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trails Days Pics

At Dot's Inn in Damascus we were able to buy beer by the pitcher without a need for extra glasses. L to R we have Peacock, myself, Stamp and Daddy-O. Stamp was a southbound section hiker we picked up in Catawba. His feet did not smell as bad at this point as they did in the car ride down. The keg finished on Stamp's pitcher and he was then given the first pitcher from the next keg for free as well.


I borrowed one of Daddy-O's kilts for the weekend. At this point Shadow has finally received his kilt and is wearing it with pride. I found the kilt comfortable, but I missed the pockets from my cargo shorts and I decided to stay with what I had.





I am not sure who the person on the right is. However just before the hiker parade he came by with two dresses and said they were free for anyone who would wear them for the parade. Peacock and Vagabond stepped up to the challenge. Luckily they fit well. Peacock and Vagabond then added water balloons for artificial implants.



At Hardcore the Sunday and Monday after trail days we did some trail work. We completed around 1,700 ft of new trail. I was able to paint my own blaze on Sunday's section right before Iron Gap in TN.





On Monday we worked on a section just North of Jane Bald in the Roan Highlands. On the way back I got a picture of me with my tools, a nice big Pulaski. Unfortunately I did not get an action shot.

No comments: