Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another Cloudy Summit

I am currently in Bangor, ME. I summitted yesterday with Rocko, Filadelfia Greenberg and Hangman. In keeping with the rest of the trip after gorgeous weather through the 100 mile wilderness we summitted Katahdin completely in a cloud. I will be driving back to NYC with my parents today and then staying in NYC for about 10 days. During that time I will update my blog on my travels from Stratton to Katahdin and add pictures.
Right now it just feels a little weird, like I am taking a zero day, but not really. I think in a couple of days it will sink in that I have actually finished. I have been hiking almost every day for the last 5 and a hlaf months and it feels a bit weird to stop. For the longest time Katahdin was this big thing, very fay away, then it was close, and finally I was on top. Now it is in the past. However while on trail I had been focused on finshing and being able to stop, I am still half thinking that I need to pack my bag and start hiking. Instead I will enjoy a continental breakfast and get in a car.
Now that I am back in the 21 century I would love to get back in contact, so feel free to email me at berlissj@hotmail.com or call at 305-360-1339, and I will actaully respond within a reasonable amount of time.

No comments: